Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cubs.

The Cubs bother me. Their fans show up at MMP in droves. I ask: what the fuck? Now they are pretty fucking good. I wish (if the Astros just have to suck) that the Pirates or the Reds would win the division instead of the Cubs/Cardinals. Sometimes I forget they are even in the division.

Worst case scenario for world series: Cubs v Yankees. I'm not sure I could handle that. The Yankees are in bad shape, but somehow they always fucking make it to the playoffs. If the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it to the post-season (and in New York, those people can't even imagine what that feels like anymore) the world would come to a sudden stop.

I would have to root for the Cubs. I would throw up, but it would still be better than cheering for the Yankees. Secretly I would wishing the two teams planes would collide mid-flight. Oh who am I kidding, I would yell it across the bar every inning.

Here's wishing the Cubs fans would stay the fuck in Chicago.

1 comment:

Donovan said...

That's a terrible, terrible thought.

I fucking hate the fucking Cubs.

I couldn't take sides in a Cubs v. Yankees/Red Sox World Series. I couldn't bare to watch it.

Can you imagine the 24 hour coverage Sportcenter it would get? You'd never know any other sport existed. They might not even have room on the crawl at the bottom of the screen to update us on the latest health problems facing some race horse (seriously, why are they airing constant updates on a fucking horse? It's a fucking horse. Who gives a shit?).

I think I'd root for a volcano to spontaneously erupt in the middle of game 1.