Friday, January 2, 2009

invisabul air squigglies

Mmmm. Can you smell that shit??? Smells like unjustified optimism to me!

I think I may like waiting on baseball season to start more than when baseball season starts. Only becuase the Astros will most likely fail in a lot of areas this year, and probably years to come. Who cares though? It's always fun thinking about how it *COULD* happen. Geoff Blum as our 3rd baseman? Aaron Boone? No pitchers? Oh well! We don't have to start bitching until April (March if they REALLY suck in spring training).

Looking forward to:
  • Yankees failing with 700 billion dollar payroll
  • The MLB dumpster that is the NL West
  • Astros winning games 16-15

Not looking forward to:
  • Turning on ESPN even though I know its a mistake everytime (if only to try and catch a brief brief brief brief highlight of a walk off homerun, because hey... ESPN doesn't give a fuck about Houston)
  • Astros losing games by 19 runs
  • Hunter pence sucking again
  • Having Miguel Tejada on the team
  • Anyone pitching

Hey D, you wanna try a different kind of blog rivarly for baseball? 2 teams in some other division? I like the idea, because there are teams I like out there but I don't pay very much attention to them... I like the Twins, and I find myself rooting for the Marlins, A's, and Blue Jays alot. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Donovan said...

I am incapable of rooting for more than one team, and morally opposed to it. I think I could, however, support some sort of competition wherein we pick a sleeper team or two and see whose surrogate teams put up the best record.

Just so long as I don't have to call it rooting for them.

Do you want to draft 2-3 teams?

I think in addition to W-L record, we should do runs scored v. runs allowed or something like that.

Sorta like simplified fantasy baseball but with teams instead of players cuz who wants to waste time thinking about backup catchers?

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I love everything you wrote here. I even agree with the teams you said you end up rooting for. What if y'all used the Las Vegas oddsmakers' predicted standings and picked teams who will exceed that predicted win/loss record? The one who exceeds the number of wins by the most is the victor. Or something. If both teams end up being worse than vegas predicted, then you both suck.