Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Unforgivably bad post about nothing of any importance

I want to start/join a classic rock band.

Here's my reasoning behind this:

  • My first love is the metals probably. But I hardly ever play it because a) I've never spent the time to develop fast tempo guitar playing. b) I find rhythm playing extremely boring to practice, and metal rhythm chops aren't exactly something you just pick up. c) I love playing leads, and metal lead players.... man those guys are ACCOMPLISHED fucking guitar players. I got years to go.
  • Most everyone likes classic rock. Or at least enough to enjoy it in a live setting. Metal is not the most popular genre around. This is a fact. It scares a lot of people.
  • The music isn't taxing on anyone in the band really. I.E. you don't need a band full of virtuoso players.

Yeah. That is what I want to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I graduate in May. I'm down

-Kix