Monday, October 20, 2008

We aren't very good still.

Sad faces.

Let me explain.

The Lions are bad. Very very very very very bad. We played a game in the first half that was expected from any team other than the Chiefs/Bengals. In the second half, we almost gave that game away. I was seriously still thinking of Indy a couple weeks ago when the Lions kept showing signs of life.

96 yard TD to Calvin Johson?
That almost fucked me in fantasy, since Jimmy has C.J. and we played a really really close game.
Outcome: We came into the late game last night tied... All Ike Hilliard had to do was catch one pass for 10+ yards. Well on his first attempt to catch a ball, he was sandwiched by 2 defenders. Knocked unconcious, looking like a paralyzed deer that had just been shot by a hunter. Shitty way to win a game in fantasy, but I gotta take it... its only my second win of the season.

Speaking of Fantasy... I have been seriously unlucky. My record is NOT indicative of how my team is playing. I can understand losing when you put up 65, but i've put up over 80 points a few times now and lost. I was tied at 86 last night before winning. I should be in the middle of the pack, but looks like im going to be fighting for the last playoff spot. 2-4-1. That tie is totally going to fuck me somehow.

Blog rivalry? What can I say... Its hard to believe the Texans win more than 6 or 7 games this year and the Titans are allready 6-0. Their defense is awesome and they have an incredible running game. The only thing left I can do is take jabs at VY... and the only one I can do is "Have fun watching your team in the playoffs from the bench" and that is pretty lame.

I can be optimistic still, even if the Titans own face this year, because...... The Cowboys. These guys are making me happy in the pants, because they look like a spiraling dove after you blast it with a 12 gauge. Now, I think they will have enough this season to make the postseason because this year no team is great... but don't you just see the playoff collapse that we've seen over the last 2 years? I do. Fuck yeah.

No comments: