Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Free agent stuff part 1

CC to Yankees for 161 Mil, 7 years.

Helps 'em? You bet.
Playoffs? I wouldn't bet money against it.
Drag on the notion that money buys championship? CHECK!

I guess it's my (kind of) blue collar upbringing, but I just hate teams that buy every fucking player they can. That's the only criteria. You buy every fucking free agent there is, I hate you. You're the equivalent of the asshole who's parents bought you that nice car when you were 16 and you wrecked it. That's what the Yankees do just about every year. Buy themselves (sometimes old) nice cars and metaphorically wreck their season. I don't know where I was going with that.

CC has been pretty damn dominant, hes a surefire ace on any staff.
Ready for my oh so bold predictions?

  • CC is fat. He's David Wells fat. Yes, I know David Wells pitched a perfect game as a fat drunk man, he was also not suppose to be Christ reborn. This fatness will not help him in the upcomming years. Depression will hit him like a falling rock after the New York media portrays him as the fat characters off Austin Powers (those movies blow btw). He will eat, and become fatter. Welcome to New York, Bartolo Colon! (This may be a little over the top)
  • Those outings where he just ate the innings will take their toll. 'Ate' the innings. Man I crack myself up. Pitchers now are pussies, they aren't built like Nolan, all those 5 billion inning outings last year will catch up to him in a few years.
  • New York sucks. Also, how many pitchers have signed there as free agents, coming off spectacular years only to spend a few years in NY as mediocre to above average pitchers? Anything less than 20 games/3.00 era/250+ innings is a failure... that is a bad sign.

Deadspin commenter: "Enjoy your fat Mike Hampton, New York"
Hahaha!

Personally... welcome to my "God I fucking hate ___" list.

1 comment:

Donovan said...

That's a lotta money and years.

I hope they bought themselves a 320 pound albatross.