Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Album thingy idea from Donovan @ DC

http://dookie-cigar.blogspot.com/2008/07/cool-idea-from-av-club.html
An album from each year you were alive.

1983 - Metallica - Kill 'Em All: enough said
1984 - Van Halen - 1984: Hot for teacher? Panama? RIP Old Eddie.
1985 - Slayer - Hell Awaits: This is the audible version of any Rob Zombie horror movie.
1986 - Metallica - Master of Puppets: What can I say... Me likes the 80s Metallica.
1987 - Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction: Slash! Before he was a tool!
1988 - Metallica - To Live is to Die: ok ok ok enough with the Metallica... This is my favorite album of all time.
1989 - Nirvana - Bleach: Can you feel my love buzz?
1990 - Tough to decide... Can I have 2? Megadeth Rust In Peace and Pantera Cowboys from Hell
1991 - Pearl Jam - Ten: When we all wanted to mumble like Vedder
1992 - Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled: Hall of famer. Would sit in the cd player on repeat for days.
1993 - Nirvana - In Utero: Was that Kris on the CD with all the girls underwear on? I don't remember its been forever.
1994 - Soundgarden - Superunknown: Yea!
1995 - Alice in Chains - Self Titled: I did like Mellon Collie from the Pumpkins around this time also.
1996 - Sublime - Sublime: One of the ones I ruined playing so much. I see that the Cake album everyone and their mom had came out in 1996, just for a notable mention. Rage - Evil Empire also.
1997 - Bone Thugs N Harmony - The Art of War: I can still jam some Bone Thugs every now and then
1998 - Kid Rock - Devil Without a Cause: This one hurts to say. What can you do? The 1998 version of myself was a Dbag.
1999 - Rage - The Battle of Los Angeles: Rocked.
2000 - A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms - Cop out pick.
2001 - System of a Down - Toxicity:
2002 - Audioslave - Self titled: Man this CD sucks to me now, but I was so happy to have this band at the time.
2003 - The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium: This was more of something I listened to later. I didn't even know about them until 2005, but this album was fucking awesome.
2004 - Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache: *headbang*
2005 - Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness: Epic
2006 - Bullet for my Valentine - The Poison: This was released in 2005, but didn't really make it to the U.S. until 2006. Anyways, the riffs and solos are fucking awesome.
2007 - I don't know if I just limit my music exposer now, or everything just sucks. The only album that really didn't depress me was the first album of Hellyeah entitled Hellyeah. It's good, but shouldn't be listed here.
2008 - Metallica album suppose to be released in September this year. If this is any less dissapointing than St. Anger, then it will be in this spot.

Dear lord that took forever.

1 comment:

Donovan said...

"What can I say... Me likes the 80s Metallica."

Word.

Also, true dat on the Audioslave. I listened to the hell out of that CD and wished, wished, wished it was Rage. Turns out it wasn't and it sucked.