Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday rant

When's the last time the Astros finished last in their division? 1991.

How many times has that happened in the history of the Astros since 1965? 3 times.

We are well on our way to the fourth time.

I know one thing that Drayton hates, is losing people in those stands. We here in Houston are pretty fickle when it comes to going to games. I'm not too eager to go spend a bunch of money watching dog shit. Big market teams can handle it, Houston cannot. Maybe circling the toilet is good for the team. I just wish someone would put the words 'farm system' into his ears.

Who doesn't like home grown talent? Biggio... Bam, everyone loved him for 20 fucken years. Hunter Pence? He's not even getting talked down upon having the mediocre year he is having. Carlos Lee, Tejada, Kaz Matsui? Who are these guys again? Traded to us because we have gullible GM's? Oh. Ok.

I'm really fucking excited about football season. I'll most likely be single for the first time during football season in like 4 years. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do with myself. Saturday and Sunday full of football? Lord, I plead with you, don't allow myself to become an alcoholic.

Texans... Well, what can you say. Maybe we are playing in the toughest division in football. Close call since the NFC east is pretty beastly aslo. I'll give it to them for trying to be competitive. Atleast we're not the Cardinals.

Texas Tech is 50-1 to win the national championship... FUCK THAT. If they even sniff the big 12 championship I will go to Lubbock and throw a puke bomb into the students dorms.

I've been listening to alot of "metalcore." I don't know what that means really, but August Burns Red, As I lay Dying, All that Remains, and Bullet for my Valentine have some really kick ass guitars. Is it called metalcore because its a requirement to have a band name that is a sentenc?. (Fail Warning: Our band is named 'Down To The Middle'. This wasn't deliberate, it was a sentence spouted out in a car.)

Big party this weekend. Excited to play in front of people for the first time. Excited to hear alot of musicians play. Excited to see what Adam and the Keysers have come up with in their 17 year hiatus. Too bad you live so far away Jonathan, it's probably going to be pretty kick ass.

/wednesday rant off

No comments: