Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Captain! Engage hyperbolic rockets!

ENGAGED!

note: the headline to this on the frontpage actually says "Meet the best-kept secret in the NFL "

That headline got my head turning before I even clicked on the link. The best kept secret? Really? Will he be a good pick up for my fantasy draft? Oh man I gotta read this.

If I am starting an NFL team, and I can pick one player to lead my franchise for now and in the future, I'm taking Seahawks linebacker Lofa Tatupu.

Oh.

That's right. You take your quarterback or the stud running back for your fantasy team or the defensive player who does soup commercials or likes to dance after a sack.
Give me 26-year-old Lofa Tatupu.


I wish I could have been next to this guy as he was writing this sentence. All I would need is a megaphone to shout in his ear... the loudest WRONG!!!! he would ever hear, possibly destroying his eardrums in the process.

Question: Who is your #1 pick in a hypothetical draft of current active NFL players?

Sane person answer: Tom Brady (before I bash his knee caps)

Insane person answer: Lofa Tatupu

Theres alot of arguments to be made here, and not everyone would agree with me .. .. but .. ..

What would you rather have?

1. Lofa Tatupu on a decent defense, with an offense headed up by Rex Grossman, Tavaris Jackson, or David Carr.

or

2. Tom Brady on a decent offense, with an average defense such as the Texans?

Answer number 1 and you have failed at life (again).

No comments: