Monday, September 15, 2008

Crosby, Stills, & Splash

Donovan said:

How do you feel about an angry post competition? Who can be more outraged and pissed off about the Astros having to play two 'home games' in Milwaukee?

You win this easily. I'm not even mad. Mainly because the Astros are pissing me off more trying to do this wildcard thing. A while back I alluded (is that right, can you allude to the future?) to the whole 'what if they run for the playoffs, and never fix the team' thing. This is Drayton's excuse to allow Ed Wade to be Ed Wade, and we spiral farther and farther down the toilet.

Heres something I've heard over the last 2 weeks.

Astros are the best team since the all-star break!

Are we? I don't feel like looking up stats or anything, but they don't look like the best team. I know they are winning, and giving people hope and all this. But this team? You put this team up against another playoff team for 3-5 games? Escaping even a first round series against the Diamondbacks/Dodgers would be catching some serious lightning in a bottle.

Playing in Milwaukee? Well... Why the fuck Milwaukee, isnt that like an hour away from Chicago? Couldn't find a more neutral site? Cubs fans are lucky football season started and my evil eye of Mordor is fixated on the cowboys. That no hit last night, after this blunder of a decision to give the Cubs 2 more home games (basically), would normally make me want to kill small children on the North side of Chicago.

Two games back. Never thought I would say that this year. Listen guys... here's what you need to do. 1. Ride this season out and win if you can keep winning. 2. MAKE SERIOUS PLANS TO FIX THE TEAM OVER THE NEXT FEW SEASONS. I love the fact that you guys aren't playing meaningless games, but the team is no good. I can't watch guys like Backe, Bourne, and Wolf and be optimistic about the future.

So yeah. I'm sure you can more than match that anger. Fuck the Cubs though. Especially Derek Lee. He can't be that good of a person can he? I bet hes a closet case pedofile that likes to beat his mother or something. Ok maybe not, but I hate when players on teams I hate be nice classy human beings. They are all suppose to be the evil bad guys right?

1 comment:

Donovan said...

I'm so conflicted. It's not a good team. It's terrible, and there's no hope for the future.

But they've been winning. I think they might be doing it specifically to spite me.

The thing is, if they make the playoffs, the luck factor is so high, anything could happen. The amazing part is that a team this shitty has a chance to make the playoffs in a division other than the NL west.

Regardless of the outcome this season, Wade and McClane will certainly conclude that they've made progress. This is unfortunate. But they were going to run the team in a fucking stupid way, no matter what.

So fucking stupid ownership + winning is to be preferred over fucking stupid ownership + losing.