Friday, September 19, 2008

Favorite Minute Maid Park Moment!

Ok. I know this is my 4th post for a Friday, and I probably wont even post again until Monday.

But!

I saw this post over on Deadspin about peoples favorite stories and moments from Yankee Stadium, before it gets torn down. I know Minute Maid isn't going anywhere, but I started getting all nostalgic so I wanted to share mine.

Please, anyone that reads, feel free to share theres. It's fun to hear other people's stories about that type of thing.

Astros clinch wildcard on game 161. It's early October 2004. The Astros are on fire, and playing a reeling Colorado Rockies squad that didn't give a SHIATE about playing baseball anymore. We are either tied, or a half game behind the Giants at the time, and they are playing the Dodgers. No one in our group was 21, so we didn't get to enjoy the 7 dollar beer festivities yet, but the game wasn't that great. It was that scoreboard we were watching. We must have been up 8-3 or so, and the Giants were winning their game against the Dodgers 3-0 in the ninth. "Fuck man! The Giants are going to win!"

"HEY THEY PULLED OUT THE 0 FOR THE DODGERS!!!"
"HOLY FUCK SOMEONE HIT A GRAND SLAM!!!!!!!!"

*crowd goes utterly insane*

That someone, my friends. Was Steve Finley.
Yes. That Steve Finley.

Your years here, you were a pretty good ball player. But Thanks for blowing that grand slam in the stands that year. Fucken. A.

No comments: