Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thinking positive.

Astros officially pulled the plug on the life-support last night.
Texans start off with two of the most uninspired losses I can remember.
My fantasy team just got dropped by a meaningless interception on the very last play of the monday night game.

Still in good spirits.

Stay strong Houston. Our Astros will field an even more mediocre team next year, and we will reluctantly cheer them on. The Texans probably have a few more years of crappy-ness in them, but thats ok. We will have our day in the sun. We will!!

(please don't let that day be when I'm like 76)

2 comments:

Donovan said...

Houston doesn't get enough credit for the misery its teams inflict on its fans.

Astros - We've had some brutal, brutal losses.
Texans - suck.
Oilers - how about that huge collapse to the Bills that one time?
Rockets - one quasi-bright spot. But they won their championships more than a decade ago - should send thank you cards to Jordan for retiring.

And unlike Philadelphia-ans?-ites?-ers? (who are all a bunch of assholes) and Chicago (fuck em), Houston doesn't get any sympathy.

I'm very glad that I don't have to take on the burden of being a fan of the Texans and Rockets. I'm stuck with the Astros, that's not changing, but I don't need any other Houton related sources of misery.

Anonymous said...

Fuck sympathy. And fuck recognition if we win something. The rest of the world can keep forgetting Houston, as long as I'm the one laughing at the end.